-->

Monday, 19 January 2015

The Filipino's Faith

     Last January 15 up to January 19, one of the most memorable event in our lives as a Christian happened. It is the Papal and state visit of Pope Francis. Most of the Filipinos are really grateful with this and it also triggered the faith of the Filipinos.
     During his visit, all of the TV stations are airing it. They never missed every word that came from the Pope that will surely mark in our hearts. I was really touched especially when he want to stay longer at Tacloban but unfortunately, they have to go back before one in the afternoon. One of the things that I will never forget is the favor he asked back there in Palo Cathedral Church. The 'Please pray for me... and Be QUIET.' I was also touched whenever he gets near the people who really needs someone like him that will give them hope. During this visit, I really believe that the FAITH of the Filipinos hadn't been gone all along! It is just there, waiting for someone to pull the trigger in order to explode. His compassion for other who really was in need was very unpredictable and is so huge that we can never measure it.









     I always remember one of my favorite verse in the bible. "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11). That is the main reason why I think God sent the Pope here in our country. To remind us His promises to His people. And like what He had promised Joshua, He will NEVER leave you NOR forsake you. The marks that Pope Francis leave in the hearts of the Filipinos, will remain FOREVER AND ALWAYS for this is the reason why the Filipino's faith had triggered once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment